Assurance Mezzanine Fund (“Assurance”) is pleased to announce its latest investment in Largo, FL-based Turtle Southeast, LLC (“Turtle”). Assurance partnered with Canopy Capital Partners, which led a majority recapitalization of Turtle in mid-June 2018.
Founded in 1974 by the Ando Family, Turtle is a leading provider of asphalt milling services for both prime contractors and government agencies serving the maintenance, repair and construction of Florida’s roadways.
Assurance provided a combination of debt and equity in support of the transaction, the proceeds of which will help Turtle take advantage of numerous growth opportunities in the Roadway Infrastructure Services industry, ranging from add-on acquisitions to investments in new equipment and new services.
To learn more about Turtle, please visit:
To learn more about Canopy Capital Partners, Please visit:
About Assurance Mezzanine Fund
Assurance Mezzanine Fund is a private investment firm providing $3 to $20 million customized growth capital solutions to profitable, lower-middle-market companies nationwide. We look to invest our funds in established companies operated by experienced and proven management teams with a history of building enterprise value. Assurance Mezzanine Fund was created by former industry executives and experienced investors who place a high value on their relationships with management teams.
- Private and public companies generally headquartered within the United States
- $1 to $10 million EBITDA
- Experienced and committed management teams with a history of building enterprise value
- Funding identifiable growth initiatives
- Effective financial controls and information systems with a history of profitability
- Industry agnostic, although we will not invest in real estate or oil and gas exploration (oil and gas service companies are welcome)
We do not invest in early or developmental stage businesses, turn-around or distressed situations.
Back to News